[Users] New member - Microsoft Exchange query

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:32:10 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 06:56:22 +1100
Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:46:28 +0100
> Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Is anyone aware of a logical sequence of events which might cause
> > > Claws-Mail to filter mail this way?
> >
> > Claws-Mail could not filter or move anything into a non-subscribed
> > folder. It's just impossible.These are non-existent as far as the
> > code is concerned, and can be made existent only by subscribing to
> > them. (Or choosing to view all folders including non-subscribed
> > ones)
> >
> > Word of one those hippie open-source developers probably won't help
> > convince your Microsoft Certified Professionnal sysadmins,
> > though. :)
> >

> Of course not, but while I seem to understand logic, having spent many
> years of working gathering information and making appropriate
> conclusions, I get offered magic explanations for a problem. It's been
> hard to get past "It's Linux, we don't understand" but now I have
> managed to get past "no one else has complained" and other proofs of
> my problem's non-existence.

The latest is that "Outlook doesn't have a Trash folder so a rogue mail
client must have made it"
I have another mail account on one of those Exchange servers, it has a
Trash folder, and it contains the usual sort of junk mail and spam that
goes there. Of course Claws-Mail manages that mail account, and I
didn't find any oddities there at all.

I realise that they have stopped attacking me personally and have moved
the attack to the software.
Now I have to believe that
Claws-Mail made a new folder without my intervention; made up
nonsensical filter rules which overrode earlier filter rules;
transferred the mail into the new folder but remained non-subscribed,
and was not asked to check non-subscribed folders.

The second university with whom I have dealings and also an Exchange
account has two sets of tech support. One for the plebs, and one for
the nerds. Sounds like a good idea.

Liz