[Users] New member - Microsoft Exchange query

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Mar 12 11:42:32 CET 2014

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:43:37 +1100
Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that it is unreasonable to claim that any mail client accesses
> an IMAP account, and randomly moves mail into another part of the
> account (two identical mails may go different places) when it isn't
> even subscribed to that part of the account.
>
> I've searched my filtering.log for strings which would show that
> Claws-Mail is filtering the mail into that account, but I drew a
> negative.
>
> ?
> Questions
> Has anyone else heard of this happening?
> Is anyone aware of a logical sequence of events which might cause
> Claws-Mail to filter mail this way?

Hello Liz,

it might be that there is indeed a server-side filtering rule set. I
would suggest connecting to the Exchange account with full Outlook, and
looking at its "Tools->Rules and Alerts", where you can edit your
account's server-side filtering rules.

If that finds nothing relevant, try either putting claws-mail to rest
for a while, and use completely different IMAP client, or even
better, simply disable all filtering in claws-mail. That way you can
rule out claws-mail's filtering being the culprit.

Good luck!

Regards,
--
Andrej