[Users] Claws 3.8.1 on Debian does not exit

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Sat Jun 21 17:50:17 CEST 2014

Version 3.8.1 (version included with Debian Wheezy), does not exit most
of them time when File/Exit is selected or the window tab in the
taskbar is right-clicked and Close Window is selected.

I had to run 'ps-e' in a terminal window and kill the job number, twice,
before Claws closed.

When I attempted to close Claws just now (the first attempt), there was
hard drive activity upon File/Exit, but the window remained open and
would not close/exit until I killed the job as described above.

It does this quite often, unfortunately. I am running the 64-bit
version of Debian Wheezy.