[Users] outlook.com SSL handshake failed

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jun 21 12:22:16 CEST 2014

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:58:06 -0500, Tim Zakharov stated:

> Occasionally (maybe once a day?) I see that while checking for email
> that Hotmail/Outlook.com (both use pop-mail.outlook.com) fail with:
>
> *** SSL handshake failed
>
> in the network logs.
>
> Is this related to the recent Hotmail issue that led to my mailing list
> settings to disable?

Are you sure your settings are correct? I use the following:

POP3 --
"pop3.live.com" via port 995 with "Use SSL for POP3 Connection"

SMTP --
"smtp.live.com" via port 25 with "Use STARTTLS" to start SSL session"

I am not experiencing any problems that I know of and I have two accounts
that I check.

--
Jerry