[Users] General IMAP + Gmail questions

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Thu Jun 19 10:39:21 CEST 2014

Hello.

There are several settings in Claws-Mail that I'd like to get working if possible. My accounts are setup as IMAP/SMTP

1. How to save Draft messages to a local folder rather than to [IMAP]/Drafts?
2. When sending messages, encoding setting is ignored. In Config > Preferences > Mail_Handling > Sending > Outgoing is set to UTF-8, but some mails show: "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII \ Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit". Is this an automatic selection feature in Claws?
3. When generating "Message ID" is it possible to prevent machine uname from being included to ID or if not, use a different uname alias? For example Message-ID: <20140619.3b2f at alias.c>
4. In  Gmail IMAP: A non gmail IMAP account gets setup very cleanly with (Inbox/Sent/Drafts/Queue/Trash/Spam) under <account_ame>. Gmail on the other hand gets All those folders, plus [Gmail]/all_label_names.
I can't delete the folders created by Claws. I have already modified the target folders (Trash, Queue, Sent) under Account > Advanced_settings. How do I get a clean folder structure? Can I remove the Claws-configured folders?
5. Gmail IMAP is generating a lot of traffic with the server and is also slow to display contents when switching from one folder (label) to another. I have tried "Sync for offline use > last 10 days". Network log shows each label (folder) being checked separately, which is the cause of so much traffic. "Unsubscribing" from the separately visible labels did not help as much as I expected with regards to the traffic amount.
6. Deleting messages from [Gmail]/AllMail with DEL does not work - messages still remain. I have to drag-and-drop to [Gmail]/Trash to actually delete.
7. What is the difference between File Insert vs File Attach?

Thanks for your time and regards.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS