[Users] claws git question...

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Jun 18 18:01:28 CEST 2014

  Hi Pierre,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:46:30AM -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I rebuild CM when I get time and/or for feature/bug reasons; on average
> every few weeks...
>
> Sometimes, the only way to get the latest is to clobber $SRC/claws and do
> a full clone because I get something like the below errors -- even though
> I've never touched the flagged files...
>
> Am I misunderstanding git?
>
> Or... is this something that happens when lots of changes have occurred
> since my last pull --all?
>
> Or... does this happen when CM requires a new distro package (intltool
> this time)?

  None of the above :)

>         po/bg.po
> [snip snip]
>         po/zh_TW.po

  Changes in po files occur always when you build it. The easiest
is to “git checkout po/*.po” again to discard build changes.

>         src/summaryview.c

  This looks like you've a genuine change here, which you should
do one of the git suggested actions:

> Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

  Or also git checkout if you want to discard them.

  HTH,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~