[Users] Claws Mail 3.10.1 for Debian

Fri Jun 13 18:10:40 CEST 2014

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:03:35 -0700,
Cia Watson<ciamarie at centurylink.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:32:58 -0400
><edwardp at collector.org> wrote:
>
>> I am using Wheezy, which came with 3.8.1, when the distro was
>> released.
>>
>> On Jun 11, 2014, at 08:42 PM, edwardp at collector.org wrote:
>>
>> >As one of the bugs fixed in 3.10.1 is a Debian-specific bug
>> >(730050), should users who use Debian (myself included), see an
>> >updated Claws Mail package made available at some point?
>>
>> Debian sid has 3.10.1 now.  I merged that into Ubuntu so Utopic
>> users should also get the new version now too.
>>

>The Wheezy backports repo has v3.9.3, see exact output from apt-cache
>policy below, for installed and candidate info. Once the newer version
>(3.10.1) goes from Sid to testing / Jessie, I imagine it'll be in
>backports pretty soon after that. Two weeks perhaps?

(I am the guy who have done the wheezy backports) -

but now I am not sure what needs to be done with libraries that claws
depends on - I believe claws now requires a version of libetpan that
isn't available in stable (or backports) yet.

I haven't looked at it indepth yet, it might be more complicated than
the previous versions has been to backport.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
gusnan at gusnan.se