[Users] Need clue stick for crash on entering Inbox

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Jun 10 00:51:51 CEST 2014

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 14:40:17 -0400 I wrote:

>Hi guys!
>
>Couple of days trying to track this down is driving me nuts...  could use
>a clue stick, even if it comes in the form of a 2x4...  :)

Interesting...  it appears that if the .claws_cache gets corrupted, that
fact may not be noticed until CM restarts [successfully]...

Renamed it to .claws_cache.BAD and restarted; now CM is OK again...

$ ll .claws_cache*
-rw------- 1 pierre pierre 1312416 Jun  9 18:24 .claws_cache
-rw------- 1 pierre pierre 1238409 Jun  9 12:12 .claws_cache.BAD

Difference of 74,007 bytes.

Ouch!!  Just noticed the date/time...  This file's flaw remained even
though CM was collecting mail. Otherwise, it should have an older date
from a few days ago.

Too bad CM doesn't have "Processing {.claws_cache,...}" semaphores that
would force a rebuild if the file's semaphore is still set on a
restart, as it would be if CM crashed before clearing it... :)

Been a rough 48 hours...  HTH someone...
Pierre