[Users] Version 3.10

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun Jun 8 18:25:03 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 05:17:59PM +0200, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 15:52:13 +0100
> Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Since this is an installation as opposed to an upgrade, does this mean
> > that I will finish up with both versions installed? If so I will have
> > to copy my configs file over too.
> >
> If packaged correctly a PPA will replace the current installation of
> claws-mail.

  Well, to be precise will also do if packaged not correctly¹, as the
relevant part to this is package version (and also repository pinning²),
not the origin of the package.

  Anyway it also works the other way round: when official repository carries
a higher version it will also replace your PPA version on upgrade :)

  Said that you should have no problem with Claws Mail PPA neiter on new
installations nor on upgrades ;-)

  regards,

¹ Although depending on the level of incorrectness may even not to install!
² https://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~