[Users] INBOX suddenly shows 0(zero) mails

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Thu Jul 24 03:44:50 CEST 2014

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:00:50 -0500
Tim Zakharov <himemsys36 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:28:56 -0300
> Ethy Brito <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>

> > Hi All
> >
> > This is not the first time it happens.
> > A few minutes ago I clicked at INBOX and CM changed 3800+ email
> > indication to ZERO!
> >
> > I logged into my mail server and confirmed all 3800+ are still there.
> >
> > I killed (SIGKILL) CM because I was afraid it in fact delete all
> > mails.
> >
> > Now, as I restarted CM, it is passing all 3800+ mais thru the lengthy
> > process of "spamassassining" them.
> > 10 minutes has passed and only 200 were scanned. Jeez! It will take
> > forever!
> >
> > What happened? Why did CM loose count of my INBOX (again)?
> >
> > CM is 3.10.1
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ethy

> Could you be inadvertently turning on Hide Read Messages from the View
> menu?

Nope!!

The problem was in the message count at left panel (that count below the white
envelope icon at folderlist panel).

I was checking messages for false positives at the spam folder and clicked
back at INBOX.

The count was 3800+ INBOX messages and immediately after clicking it became ZERO.
Last week it did that with another folder of minor importance. But this
time it really erased all messages under that folder (daily backup saved me).

Don't know if this is related but there are times the CM starts re-reading
my INBOX (or some random folder) from the server, out of the blue. Twice!
One (fast) after the other (very slow). It freezes all panels. I can not
do anything for several minutes (40+ over LAN). It seems to me it is
resynchronizing(!?). Is it? Why?

Just imagine that over a slow line. It takes hours!
IMAP problem?

I think it is worth to mention that I leave CM in my Note running at home
while I am at work at my desktop reading emails. Both running CM 3.10.1.

Regards

Ethy