[Users] Mark ALL as read?

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 17:47:48 CEST 2014

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:17:33 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:41:41 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a keyboard shortcut that would mark ALL messages in the ~/Mail
> > folder as read, not just by individual folders?  Or would that be better
> > done with a pre-processing rule?
> >
> > This would be useful on a secondary computer as I do ALL reading and replies
> > on my upstairs system and have not yet migrated the ~/Mail folder to the NAS
> > box (future project).  For now the secondary computer (in basement ham
> > shack) serves as a backup of the mail-folders or for reference only but I
> > import mail daily to keep it current.
> >
> > Thanks, Tom
> >

> Have a look at
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Interface#How_can_I_change_the_key-bindings_.28hot-keys.29_in_Claws_Mail.3F
>
> The option you are looking for is in main window's Message menu, Mark->Mark
> all read.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for your response, Andrej.  I already use that shortcut (shift-c) BUT it
only works on the folder you are in, not the entire mailbox.  I'm looking for a
way to mark the entire Mailbox (MH) AND ALL sub-folders at once.

Thanks, Tom

--
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that
respects and enhances the freedom of others."

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 337.19)
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.10.0
registered linux user 263467