[Users] Bypass Trash Folder on Delete

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sat Jul 12 21:11:34 CEST 2014

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:12:19 -0500
Tim Zakharov <himemsys36 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In most other email clients, a Shift-DEL will bypass the Trash folder
> and permanently delete. Is there a setting to allow this in CM?  There
> are just some messages that you know you won't ever have to "get back"
> and it would be nice not to have to delete twice (once from folder, then
> empty trash).

I'm not sure if it is default, but Claws Mail, like any GTK+ app, allows you
to set your custom keyboard shortcuts to any menu items.

The item you are looking for is "Delete" in main window's Message menu. Just
hover your mouse over that item, and press Shift+Delete.

You need to have hidden preference gtk_can_change_accels set to 1. You can
read more about hidden preferences here:
http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#adv_hidden

I don't know, maybe we should make this a default shortcut?

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian