[Users] [21:15:11] SMTP< 554 5.7.1 <unknown>: Helo command rejected: EHLO Unknown exploit

Frank Eiche coffeecupfrank at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 21:36:13 CEST 2014

Hello all,

How do I configure Claws (under Windows 8) so that I can send email via
SMTP? Receiving is no problem, but sending a mail appears to be impossible.

Both GMX as well as Arcor end up with this error:

***

[21:15:11] SMTP< 554 5.7.1 <unknown>: Helo command rejected: EHLO Unknown
exploit

** Fehler bei der SMTP-Sitzung

*** Fehler beim Senden der Nachricht:

554 5.7.1 <unknown>: Helo command rejected: EHLO Unknown exploit
***

I tried various options and looked up the FAQ but can't find anything. I am
using the same accounts in MS Outlook without any issues.

If it is hostname related, "hostname" returns a valid hostname.

Any further ideas?

Frank