[Users] Compiling error

Michael Hughes claws-mail_user at thehugheslogcabin.net
Tue Jul 1 04:03:46 CEST 2014

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 01:15:18 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:53:02 -0500
> Michael Hughes <claws-mail_user at thehugheslogcabin.net> wrote:
>
> > I just did a git pull --all and autogen.  Did a gmake and got the
> > following error:
> >
> > rssyl_add_item.c: In function 'rssyl_add_item':
> > rssyl_add_item.c:272: error: function '__error' is initialized like
> > a variable rssyl_add_item.c:272: error: nested function '__error'
> > declared but never defined
> >
> > git describe:
> > 3.10.1-116-g45a6494
>
> No errors here (Debian Sid). Looks like this is a *BSD related bug?
>
> --
> Hilsen/Regards
> Michael Rasmussen
>
> Get my public GnuPG keys:
> michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
> mir <at> datanom <dot> net
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
> mir <at> miras <dot> org
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
> /usr/games/fortune -es says:
> It's always sad when the fleas leave, because that means your dog is
> dead. -- Wesley T. Williams

errno variable is part of the standard C library and is used to pass
error numbers from calls to libraries.  In rssyl_add_item, errno is
being redefined as a gint, that is what is causing the error.  I'm not
sure if why this was added to the code, but I don't think it should
have been.

--
Michael Hughes                      Log Home living is the best