[Users] order of names in addressbook completion

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Mon Jan 13 21:15:30 CET 2014

Is there any way to control the order in which names are offered in the
e-mail address completion from the addressbook?  I've had some issues with
this in the past, but with the new completion feature I'm finding that the
most common completion is often fairly far down the list, instead of being
the first or only one.  So I now have to actually read the completion list
carefully to pick the right address.

If there were a way to control the order in which the names appeared, even by
putting some of them in separate folders, that would help.  The order does
seem to have something to do with folders, but I haven't been able to
determine a reliable method of reordering them.

Thanks,

  George