[Users] Cron?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Jan 7 09:55:03 CET 2014

olleH,

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 21:09:59 -0800 sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use crontab to send messages in the queue. I just don't want
> to "screw-up" my current setup. I have CM 3.9.3/xubuntu on all the time
> with dozens of filters/actions.
>
> So how can I use cron to invoke a new instance of CM and to send the
> queued items?

I think it's safe to cron-ize a call to `<complete-path>/claws-mail
--send`, the only side effect is that when claws mail starts sending,
you might feel it if you're currently using CM at this instant.
The impact would be less sensitive if CM is configured so that it sends
without opening the Sending dialog. A sending error might be
interactive, too.

Regards,

--
wwp