[Users] {SOLVED} Reading emails

Neil senex at drofle.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 14:15:00 CET 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 13:03:35 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> >The preferences menu has so many items in it, and I am still learning
> >about them.
>
> Don't I know it.  I've been using CM for almost a decade and as often
> as not, I can't find the setting I want.  I sit there saying to myself
> "I *know* it's here somewhere...."   ;-)
>
> Then there's the hidden prefs;  The ones that can only be changed by
> getting your hands dirty editing the config files whilst CM isn't
> running.  Although, to be fair, there is an app to help with that.
>
> Finally, I've marked the thread with a 'solved' marker.

I first used CM many years ago, in fact I used Sylpheed first, but it
has changed a lot since. I am happy to edit the config files via a text
editor, so no problem there. I definitely prefer this modern version
of CM to Thunderbird which for me has become too bloated.

Thanks for all the help. And yes, I forgot to mark it as SOLVED. After
all this time I should remember. (I have been using Linux since 1999 so
I should be fairly used to it by now.)

Regards

Neil