[Users] New Member

Neil senex at drofle.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 21:58:43 CET 2014

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:46:43 -0500
Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> > I go Configuration --> Preferences --> Message View --> External
> > Programs. The web browser choice is greyed out while 'Use system
> > defaults when possible' is on. When I deselect that choice then
> > 'firefox '%s' is now available. However when I try to use it, by
> > clicking on a URL in a message, nothing happens. It does work in
> > TBird.
> >
> > If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very
> > grateful,
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Neil
>
> On my system, I left "Use system default" on. Since Firefox is my
> default, it works fine.
>
> Dan Arico

Thanks for the quick answer. More checking and I see that claws does
not work the same way as TB. In Thunderbird, if I want to open a URL
that is in a message I just double click on it. In claws a double click
does nothing.

However I have now found that if I right click on the URL and choose
'open in browser' then it will open Firefox for me as expected. Oddly I
find that this works whether I have the 'Use system defaults if
possible' checked or not.

Just a different way of working,

Thanks

Neil