[Users] searching email folder

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Feb 6 10:17:36 CET 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:02:28 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

Hello Gene,

>Thank you and that it does.  Should I commit to that being a cron job,

Yw, Gene.

>if so at what nominal interval so as not to abuse the server?

It's up to you whether you run it as a cron job not.  Personally, I
don't.  I usually run the command manually in a shell, where it can be
left to get on with it, if I get a warning of some sort;  Bad sig(1),
expired key, that sort of thing.  I run it perhaps four times a year.  As
a cron, I certainly wouldn't run it more than once a month.

(1) Not always after a bad sig warning though, as google is notorious
for fiddling with message wrapping and so forth *after* it's been
signed, and some mailing lists seem to create bad sig problems, too.

--
 Regards  _
I guess I shouldn't have strangled her to death