[Users] Pesky Message View that keeps coming back

Bernd Eckenfels bernd-2014 at eckenfels.net
Tue Feb 4 21:52:42 CET 2014

Am Tue, 04 Feb 2014 21:14:23 +0100
schrieb alb348 at gmail.com:
> Is it a bug or a feature? It looks like a bug to me... After all, if
> you manually
> set the Message View as OFF, it should remain off.

It looks like a bug to me, that you cant redefine the "enter" key. If
you close message view and use "only show if message view is available"
there is a context action "View -> view in new window". If you use this
(or the default shortcut Strg+Alt+N everything works. So it would be
locical that you can press "enter" to rededine the menu point. But this
does not work for me. So eighter redefining enter key or obeying the
"use view if open setting" should be introduced (just like doubleclick).

The "next unread message" (shift+n) has btw the same problem, it should
not open the view (it is debatable if it should open a new window).

Gruss
Bernd