[Users] Email organization questions

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 10:43:31 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 03:02:58 +0100
<alb348 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Is there an Archive command that quickly removes an email from
> the inbox to a pre-defined folder? (I already know about the Move
> command, but that requires the user to manually select the
> destination folder -- I was looking for something quick, that
> requires pressing only one key, like in Thunderbird).

For example, you can set up a folder processing rule, Match criteria:
age, with an action of Move. Then use '/Tools/Run folder processing
rules' to run it on demand (adding a hotkey for this menu item, if
you like), or you can run it automatically every time you open the
folder (see the folder Properties, General page).

> 2) Which way of managing multiple accounts do you suggest: keeping
> only one inbox for all incoming emails (from all the various
> accounts), or having one inbox for each account? What are the pros
> and the cons of each method, and in which cases would you recommend
> one method instead of the other?

Personally I have one mailbox for all my POP accounts, and the inbox
has sub-folders for each account. I don't think there are any pros and
cons to any method, it's just a matter of personal preference.

> Another question: I keep unchecking the Message View from the View
> menu, but when I click on a message to open it, the Message View
> automatically reappears. This is very annoying. How do I turn off
> the Message View permanently? I want to view each message in a new
> window when I click on it.

It works for me. What version of Claws are you using? How do you open
the message? What setting do you have for the 'open message when
selected' option on the Display/Summaries page of the prefs?

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières