[Users] Setting automatically a BBC copy for every outgoing message

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 23:07:31 CET 2014

Hi

I normally use an SMTP server that lets me send messages bearing any
'From' address that I choose. For instance, I set the 'From' address of
my outgoing emails to match that of my Gmail account, so that the
recipients will think that my email was sent from my Gmail account,
while in fact it wasn't. This is great, because the SMTP server I use
masks my IP address (whereas Gmail's SMTP server will always include the
sender's IP address in the email headers).

I have a question for Claws Mail experts: is there a way to
*automatically* send a BBC copy of each outgoing message to my actual
Gmail account, so that I can get it filed under Gmail's Sent folder? (of
course, the filing part within Gmail is a different story and is
off-topic on this list).
What I mean is that I would normally be composing a message with Claws
Mail, and send it via the SMTP server. I only need that a BBC copy of
that message is also sent (possibly in the background) to the same
address that appears in the (spoofed) 'From' field of my outgoing email,
without requiring me to manually type anything into the BCC field.
Is this possible?

Thanks a lot

Alby