[Users] Sending Delay

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Fri Dec 26 22:06:32 CET 2014

I've mentioned before that there's a delay in sending an email. I'm
using claws 3.11.1 running on OpenSuse 13.1. I use an external server
at my domain on Tigertech.net.

In examining my logs, I think I've finally pinpointed the delay. Every
time I send an email, claws checks the POP server for new mail before
it starts the SMTP protocol. It does this every single time, even if it
has just check.

If I queue several emails, it runs through the same process for each of
them in turn.

Is there a setting I should be looking at?

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.