[Users] dynamic keyboard shortcuts

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Dec 18 05:21:08 CET 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 04:11:16 +0100,
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

Michael> I can, for example, apply 'j'.  But i really want just 'h'. If
Michael> h was already occupied then why nothing happens when i press
Michael> it.

Ah, now I see.  Nothing like trying it myself. :-)

The problem is that "h" is part of the full keyboard activation sequence
(i.e. not a shortcut) for the "Hide read messages" item, that is, Alt-V
H.  Thus, when you open the menu and press "h", it merely highlights
that item.

You should still be able to do what you want by editing the menurc file
when Claws is not running.  Myself I try to avoid this kind of conflict,
however.