[Users] unable to read own encrypted GPG email

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:24:37 CET 2014

On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 21:03:57 +0100, Frank Dietrich wrote:
> What I did:
> - but I can't read my own email I have sent, the email is displayed
>   as encrypted (with a small key icon in the email list), when the
>   email is select above the email window it's written "Couldn't
>   decrypt: Decrpytion failed"

Then you encrypted with the public key of the receiver and only the
receiver can decrypt it. Don't encrypt the message saved on your
machine, but that's not good, or encrypt with your own public key,
while the send mail must be encrypted with the receivers public key.
Since I'm new to Claws, I don't know how Claws handles this. Evolution
provides an "encrypt to myself" option.

--
Marge Simpson: We used to call ourselves the Cool Moms.

Bart Simpson: There is nothing cooler than calling yourself cool.