[Users] OT: Updating Claws Mail

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 01:29:58 CET 2014

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 20:31:16 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> off-topic
>
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 20:09:50 +0100, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 19:51:17 +0100
> > Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Btw. it's not that smart to chose a freakish distro based on
> > > Ubuntu or Debian that has got no huge community. Usually Mint
> > > users annoy *buntu
> > According to distrowatch.com mint is distro number 1!!
>
> Number one regarding to what? Regarding to the good support, the
> distro's good mailing lists and it's "huge" community, based on many
> long time Linux power users? C'mon!

Welcome to Linux, whatever flavour.
Our major difference is our philosophy, and it is often apparent that
we do things different ways.

As time passes, you will try many different distros until you find a
favourite. The score on Distrowatch won't help you there.
Things that make a difference are

Up to date vs tried and stable
Binary packages vs compilation of what you use

Long running arguments that can be handled in any distro
Vi vs Emacs
Gnome vs KDE (vs others)

new arguments which may make a difference to distro choice
systemd vs initd

Liz