[Users] OT: BUG with update marking all email as "read"

Jeremy Schneider jeremy.schneider at ardentperf.com
Thu Dec 4 13:44:42 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 10:23:27 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:
>> Off-topic: I take it that the policy on this mailing list is to strip
>> Cc's and only reply to the list? I wonder why that is preferred.
>
> Because it's annoying to receive duplicated emails.

really?  mailman sends a duplicate message if a list member is in the
to or cc field?

i'm on a number of other lists, the standard practice on the other
lists i participate in is to leave email addresses in the to/cc
fields. i never noticed receiving duplicate emails before. also, i
very much prefer that practice. i use IMAP (to support multiple
clients) and i have server-side rules which move list mails into
designated folders.  however if i'm in the to or cc field then my
server-side rules leave the email in my inbox so that i'm sure to see
it quickly, without having to open the mailing list folder (which i
don't do every day).

come to think if it, i remember an instance on this list some time ago
where i didn't see a reply to my message until a month after it was
sent.

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider