[Users] How to compile claws on Debian Wheezy?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Aug 28 19:58:29 CEST 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:01:22 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> It can't be Claws Mail causing that, but it could be one of the
> libraries on which it depends.

This distinction is kind of moot. The point is, I can run for hours or
maybe days without this symptom (cursor disappears when a popup occurs),
as long as I don't run Claws-Mail. 95% of the time, the second I click
my inbox and put in my password within Claws-Mail, this symptom appears
on every GUI program, until I kill and restart X.

Inkscape is impossible to be productive with when this symptom occurs.
So bottom line, Claws and Inkscape are mutually exclusive within a
single X session.

I compiled (./configure;make;make install) 3.10.1 using the
instructions, and it displays the same symptom, just like the older
Claws from the Debian distribution. When time permits, I'm going to
remove my entire ~/.claws-mail directory, and reconfigure from scratch.
Perhaps I'll find a config option that toggles this symptom. If not, I
have some choices to make.

Thanks,

SteveT