[Users] How to compile claws on Debian Wheezy?

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Tue Aug 26 01:42:31 CEST 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:34:07 -0400,
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

Steve> On Debian Wheezy, Claws-Mail *appears to* make my mouse pointer
Steve> twitchy and makes it disappear when a popup message appears. This
Steve> always happens after I've run Claws, downloaded mail, clicked on
Steve> a message, and mouse-hovered over a message in the message
Steve> list. The only way to (temporarily) make it go away is to restart
Steve> X and not run Claws.

I have prepared my own 3.10.1 source package, which I can share with
you.  I don't have the problem you describe, but that means nothing:
there are too many variables that can differ between my system and
yours.  Also, my selection of plugins is absolutely minimal at configure
time, so I don't compile fancy, for example. (I had to do that to get
rid of compiler warnings, which I want to treat as errors same way as I
do for any other program).

If you'd still like to try it, let me know.