[Users] mail archiver - best practices

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Aug 25 17:03:35 CEST 2014

Hello,

my maildir tree is ~3.7G and I'm thinking that the time is ripe to
deploy mail archive plugin within Claws.

Can anybody share some of the 'best practices' in using it, iow. do you
use compression (tar,bz2), which format (tar?), how often to archive,
using recursive folder structure etc.?

Of course, from time to time there is need to find some old message(s)
and I wonder what do you use to search within the archive?

Any other point I forgot to ask?

Sincerely,
Gour
--
In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good
or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it,