[Users] icon theme configurator not working with dconf-gsettings-backend ?

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 20 03:37:41 CEST 2014

In my Debian testing, did some updates, which fiddled with some gnome libraries too, and then the CM icon theme configurator stopped working, icons reverted to defaults.

After checking around rather casually, i stumbled over 'gconf-gsettings-backend' (then not installed) which i then installed, and voila´ anything works fine again.

At that time, i've missed to set up the recommended environment export GGSETTINGS_BACKEND=gconf  for my X desktop shell though ;) it still worked.

Then i discovered there was a package 'dconf-gsettings-backend' installed (automaticly, to satisfy dependencies). I could deinstall it w/o problems.