[Users] Mark ALL as read?

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 19:46:04 CEST 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:11:36 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> > >I do not think Claws Mail allows you to do that. On the other hand, I
> > >continue to be amazed what miracles Python plugin can do, perhaps it can
> > >be scripted.
> >
> > Yes, it can be done with the Python plugin. In fact, a little extension
> > of this functionality is even shipped as an example script:
> > http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/plugins/python/examples/main/Recusively-mark-messages-as-read;hb=HEAD
> >
> > This script puts a further constraint on the messages to be marked as
> > read: They must be older than 28 days. If that is not wanted, just
> > remove all the lines mentioning "quicksearch".
> >
> > This version of the script considers everything below the currently
> > selected folder or mailbox. Letting it behave differently (i.e. always
> > consider the whole mailbox of the selected folder, or consider all
> > mailboxes irrespective of the selected folder/mailbox) would require
> > minor adjustments.
>
>   Since this is not the first time this appears I've turned it into a FAQ:
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Interface#How_do_I_mark_all_messages_as_read_in_all_folders_of_a_mailbox.3F
>
>   Please proofread and fix any error I may have introduced.
>
>   best regards,

Hi Ricardo,
The "Tools" in my CM (3.10.0) doesn't display a Python Scripts" sub-menu.  Does
that have to be compiled in during install/upgrade?

Thanks, Tom

--
Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them
in an unstoppable manner.

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 337.19)
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.10.0
registered linux user 263467