[Users] One filter not working

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Apr 28 15:26:41 CEST 2014

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:11:49 +0100 Paul wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:03:45 +0100
>Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Quite right, I checked and I *had* set it up as From thewildbeast.
>> I had said it wrong in my email. And it still does not work. So I
>> moved over to TBird and it worked.
>
>The filtering is rock solid, the problem can only be in the way
>you've configured your filtering rules.

Amen to rock solid... :)

Here are my CM rules -- _order_ is important.
enabled rulename "self" from matchcase "@pfortin.com" color 5
enabled rulename "Claws.bugs.new" from matchcase "noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk" & subject matchcase "[bug " & subject matchcase " New: " color 2
enabled rulename "Claws.bugs" from matchcase "noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk" & subject matchcase "[bug " move "#mh/Mailbox/Linux/claws-mail/Bugs"
enabled rulename "Claws Commits" to matchcase "commits at lists.claws-mail.org" move "#mh/Mailbox/Linux/claws-mail/Commits"
enabled rulename "Claws mailinglist" header "List-Id" matchcase "claws-mail.org" move "#mh/Mailbox/Linux/claws-mail"

The first allows me to see that a message originated from me (applies to
all messages) -- makes it easy to see threads in whatever lists I
participate in.

Second rule flags "new" bug reports. 2nd & 3rd rules required separately,
or bug followups would not be moved.

HTH,
Pierre