[Users] Inbox limit over 2Gb for POP3

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 09:57:48 CEST 2014

Hello Marijus,

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:44:38 +0300 Marijus <vmarijus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just faced that problem, with no logical reasons. Suddenly I stop receiving new mails. Then I realised that strange info (see screenshot): "number of total (2,00GB)".
> There are lots of free space left on Hdd.

There is a logical reason obviously, but you may need to be trained to
identify it.

It may look like a storage limitation on the *POP3 server side*, not
on your local drive (unless your local Unix account has limitations),
but the 2GB storage indication in Claws Mail might be completely not
matching the remote storage occupation, though. Please check the
network log right after attempting to retrieve or send emails, you'll
probably see what's wrong on the server side.

If you need to free room on the POP3 server side, either connect to
your email service provider interface and do some clean-up (even in the
trash and spam folders), or enable the "Remove from server"-like option
in your account preferences in Claws Mail (Configuration/Edit Accounts/
<pick the right account>/Edit/Receive/POP3/Remove messages on server when received)..

Regards,