[Users] claws performance, >100.000 emails

behn chr.graf at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 01:36:21 CEST 2014

Hi Colin, Hi Nicolas, Hi Erich,

kind thanks for this quick and useful help. Your answers are encouraging
me to invest the time for migration.
1 mbox per folder during migration sounds impractical to me. I hope by
setting up a local imap-server (dovecot) I  will be able to copy
complete directories. The idea I have is the following:

a) use thunderbird, copy pop3-fetched folders to imap-account on local
server
b) use claws, sync to same imap-account and copy the imap-folder,
including of all the subdirs, into claws

any comments on this idea very much welcome.

@Nicolas - yes, header-search will be used:)
@Erich - the root-cause for beeig slow is still an issue - you are right
by asking for it. Beside beeing slow, the directory-structure within TB
gets corrupt. From time-to-time complete folders disappear.
By tries to get it fixed failed so far (like deleting msf, comapcting,
creating new-folders and copy emails - and then delete old folders,...),
so I need a cleanup anyway.

good to know that folder shall stay <10k emails for best performance.

thanks

christian