[Users] where do I find the plug-in API documentation

Erich Dollansky erichsclawslist at alogt.com
Fri Apr 25 09:54:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:12:09 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> > I have spent some time to find the documentation of the API used for
> > plug-ins without much success.
> >
> > Of course, I have the sources of the available plug-ins and I can
> > see the concept but not what I was looking for.
> >
> > Where will I find the API documentation?
>
> We made the choice of letting plugins use all of Claws' API, and we're
> lacking manpower, so there isn't API documentation other than in the
> code.
>
> The code will be your documentation ;)

ok, I looked already a bit into the code.

> If you wonder about things and need to ask about things, you will find
> great help both on the devel at lists.claws-mail.org mailing-list, and on
> #claws on irc.freenode.net.
>
> The most difficult API in Claws Mail is for the folder classes; if
> your plugin isn't a new folder class, it should go rather easily, if
> not, you'll probably join us on IRC :)

No folders. So, not that bad.

> And of course... thanks for this future plugin, whatever it may be!

I want to do something very simple. The content of an e-mail should be
encrypted while on the line but stored just as you store it now.

My current plan is to get the e-mail before it is being send and get it
just after receiving.

I found files like recv.c and send_message.c. I do not know now if it
is a good idea to process the mail in these two stages.

What do you think?

Erich