[Users] error:

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Apr 11 23:27:00 CEST 2014

vektor <vekt0r7 <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Nearly four years later that still seems to be an issue. Thank you for your
> solution!

Five years and counting. Perhaps no-one in devland has seen this bug.

In my case it was caused by something unknown causing claws-mail to crash and
burn, and lose its entire configuration (fortunately a single IMAP account,
easily re-entered). The "unknown" could be related to my use of Enlightenment
e17, which sometimes sigsevs.

So it's hard if not impossible to reproduce, and thus impossible to
fix...except that the error we see here is easily fixed by making the program
test for the .bak version of the xml file. Probably five lines of
code...pretty please...