[Users] GPG passphrase with *every* outgoing email

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Fri Apr 11 02:08:27 CEST 2014

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:02:45 -0700
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

Sharon> I'm still finding that I have to enter my GPG passphrase into
Sharon> a pinentry popup for every mail I send, in spite of the
Sharon> checkbox being ticked for remembering the passphrase for a
Sharon> session. Should I report it as a bug please?

Paul> What checkbox for remembering a passphrase for a session?  If it
Paul> is a bug then it seems to be a pinentry bug not a Claws bug.

Ian> I hate to resuscitate a thread this old but ... same here, Claws
Ian> 3.9.3 on Debian Linux.

Ian> Paul, your remark about pinentry sounds off-key.  I don't think
Ian> apps are expected to call pinentry directly - this is what the GPG
Ian> agent is for, isn't it?  Does Claws (or rather the GPG plugin)
Ian> currently use the agent?  If not, would a patch implementing that
Ian> functionality be welcome?

Hmm, sorry, I see that I got ahead of myself here - the rest of the
thread indicates that Claws is definitely supposed to use the agent.

I have that agent option ticked, and my agent is definitely running:
 [9+0]~$ env | fgrep -i gpg_agent
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-mrZzjt/S.gpg-agent:2423:1

Nonetheless, I am asked for the passphrase every time.

Debug?