[Users] Odd maximize/minimize behavior

Bruce Bowler bruce.bowler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:49:20 CEST 2013

I'm using claws v3.9.2-55-g74b05b on Windows 7 pro.

I observe the following, repeatable, strange behavior.

Open claws.

Hit the maximize button in the upper right corner of the window.
Claws maximizes as expected.

Hit the close (x) button in the upper right corner.
Claws minimized to the systray, as expected.

Click on the icon in the systray to restore claws to it's prior,
maximized, state.  Claws come up filling the screen, with the middle of
the 3 options in the upper right corner looking like it's maximized,
but it's not really maximized.

I wonder if there's some bit of code that's not quite complete in the
"restore the window" processing.  I know that some of this is
controlled by the window manager, but as claws is the only application
I'm running that exhibits this behavior, I'm guess that at least part
of the problem lies within the claws code (or some library that it
calls).

Bruce