[Users] re-edit in non "Sent" folders [was: Re: Ordering of mail]

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Sep 25 19:55:14 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:05:28 +0100 Paul wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:47:56 +0100
>Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have no idea, TBH.  I only tried the folder setting as research
>> for this thread.  As soon as I found that setting "Queue" was
>> non-reversible, I decided to proceed no further, and shut down CM,
>> and reset the folder to 'normal' in the folderlist.xml file.
>
>It's not non-reversible, but it's like that to ensure that there /is/
>a folder of type 'queue'. You can set another folder as a 'queue' type
>and the previous 'queue' type folder gets set back to 'normal'. Not
>sure how this will work out with your manual editing of
>folderlist.xml, though!

Hi Paul...  if I understand your comment, using Queue type on folders in
an attempt to allow re-editing (as in Send folder) would not work due to
"previous 'queue' type folder gets set back to 'normal'"...

>Incidentally, sub-folders of the 'queue' type folder inherit its type.

Other than inheritance, this wouldn't change queuing via the parent only
or anything else, would it?  Argh... I'm going orthogonal to the intent
of re-editing of sent messages in non-Sent folders; and of the OP
question... [changing Subject]

Simply, would an enhancement to allow re-editing of sent messages in
non-Sent folders be viable, and worth opening a request?

>with regards
>
>Paul

Cheers,
Pierre