[Users] Save encrypted e-mails unencrypted

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sat Oct 19 14:18:15 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:22:46 +0200
Matthias Winter <mat.winter at arcor.de> wrote:

> Saving unencrypted mails should not be the default, but it is a bit
> strange that there is an option to do this for sent mail, but not for
> received ones.
>
> Thanks for your reply, I hope to have made my point more clear

You have ;)

Just one more comment, and then I'll leave it to the developpers ;)
The emails you send are composed unencrypted, this it is very easy to ask
user wether to store them encrypted or not.
The emails you received are stored as-is, at the time they are received.
Storing them unencrypted would require to ask you wether to do it for every
encrypted mail, to let you change the default, because the password is
needed. Plus, doing that is breaking the initial intent of the sender ;)

My last $0.02 on that subject ;)

Best,
Paul