[Users] yahoo's garbage

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Sat Oct 12 00:31:58 CEST 2013

I'm seeing lots of emails like this over the last week -
=================================
Subject: [wikidPad] Technique or plugin to get word counts?
Date: 11 Oct 2013 15:01:32 -0700
Sender: wikidPad at yahoogroups.com

SGVsbG8sDQoNCklzIHRoZXJlIGEgd2F5IHRvIGdldCB0aGUgd29yZCBjb3VudHMgZm9yIGEg
cGFydGljdWxhciBhcnRpY2xlPyBJJ3ZlIGJlZW4gdGhyb3VnaCBhbGwgdGhlIG1lbnVzIGFu
ZCBoYXZlbid0IHNlZW4gYW55dGhpbmcuDQoNClRoYW5rcyENCk1hcms=
==================================

which, if you click the text/html icon to the right of claws-mail, you
get the html version of the email which was previously covered up by
garbage! This is what that email actually said -
==================================
Hello,

Is there a way to get the word counts for a particular article? I've
been through all the menus and haven't seen anything.

The commonality is that all the emails are coming through from 'yahoo
groups'. This seems to have started about the time that yahoo changed
its desktop display. So, is it possible to have a new plugin, which will convert
the garbage into [A] plain text, or [B] html please?

Thanks
Sharon.
my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian stable, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice  4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944