[Users] execute?

Bruce Bowler bruce.bowler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 14:54:50 CEST 2013

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:49:38 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

>   Hi Bruce,
>
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 02:08:33PM -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> > My latest 'issue' (remember, I'm trying to switch from sylpheed)
> >
> > Execute doesn't seem to work...  I have unchecked 'execute
> > immediately' option.  I then delete a message, which places a 'red
> > x' in the status column.  At that point, I hit the execute button
> > and expect that pending actions would be executed (at least that's
> > the way sylpheed works), but nothing happens.
> >
> > Are my expectations wrong?  Is there a different option that I need
> > to check/un-check?  Something else?
>
>   It's expected to work the same way you described, so launch it in
> a terminal with --debug option and see if something relevant is
> printed when you execute your pending actions.
>
>   regards,

I'm on windows 7.  I opened a DOS window, ran claws with --debug,
recreated the problem and there were no additional messages printed.

I took a look at claws.log and there's nothing obvious there either.

Another observation, perhaps a clue, perhaps just plain strange...  If
I mark the messages for delete, hit execute, then 'view >> update
summary', all of the delete marks are gone.

None of the above observations happen with the same accounts if I use
sylpheed instead of claws, which leads me to believe that it's a claws
problem rather than an issue with the gmail imap server.

Bruce