[Users] mixed up header information in message list

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri May 31 02:18:31 CEST 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013 23:36:59 +0200
seelenhirt <seelenhirt at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> > > This doesn't change anything.
> >
> > Try this:
> > Right-click the folder, choose 'Properties', and click the 'Discard
> > folder cache' button.
> >
> This worked! Thanks a lot!
> I was not aware of this button. Is there a way to do this recursively?
> I suspect that was not the only folder affected with this
> cache-confusion.
>
> Regards,

Sorry I didn't see this and reply to it earlier. This symptom happens
to my Claws every few months. When it does, what I do is collapse and
right click the account in the folder list, then click rebuild folder
tree, which dumps *all* cache from *all* folders in that account. I do
this on the theory that whatever bitrot is causing it in the directory
I noticed might be operating on other directories and might eventually
cause lost data.

My computer information is listed after my sig.

Of course what you and I are doing is just fixing the sympom. The real
answer is to fix whatever is corrupting the headers. But because this
is such a sparse intermittent, it's very hard to fix. If anyone ever
comes upon a way to reproduce this symptom at will, please forward that
reproduction sequence to the developers so they can fix this once and
for all.

Thanks,

SteveT

slitt at mydesk:~$ claws-mail -v
Claws Mail version 3.8.1
slitt at mydesk:~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 12.10 \n \l

slitt at mydesk:~$ uname -a
Linux mydesk 3.5.0-31-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 16 16:27:05 UTC
2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

slitt at mydesk:~$ vmstat
procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system--
----cpu---- r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo
in   cs us sy id wa 0  0 499236 521180 225652 1284072    1   32
14    48   31   37  8  2 90  0

slitt at mydesk:~$ lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit