[Users] Schedule for Ubuntu PPA Update

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sun May 12 11:35:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:07:07 +0200
"H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:25:57 +0200, Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン)
> <rol at witbe.net> wrote:
>
> > So, my main comment/suggestion is that one: Dev team, it'd be great to
> > have, at the end of the configure script, a list of the missing
> > dependancies per plugin, to have a better understanding of the problem,
> > instead of having to dig the 1000+ lines of text produced by configure.
>
> Too hard I think. The dependencies are not the same on every (version
> of every) distribution, and if they match, their names might be
> different. It would be a hell to maintain that list.

No no.... I just want configure to output a summary of what it found
missing. Not a list of what you need.

When I tried to configure first time, it reported :
 - not configured because missing dependancy:
   . fancy

but I had to dig all the output to find the missing dependancy was libwebkit
(and then I had to convert that libwekbit to the equivalent for Fedora, but
that's another story).

configure knows, because it does check it, that libwebkit was missing. I
just think saying so at the end with a report :
 - not configured because missing dependancy:
   . fancy (missing libwebkit-1.0)
would make it much easier for people who are compiling.

Paul

--
TelcoTV Awards 2011 - Witbe winner in "Innovation in Test & Measurement"

Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77
Les Collines de l'Arche                     Fax. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 99
F-92057 Paris La Defense                    RIPE : PR12-RIPE

LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulrolland
Skype    : rollandpaul

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation