[Users] Schedule for Ubuntu PPA Update

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sun May 12 10:25:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Sun, 12 May 2013 09:35:28 +0200
"H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 May 2013 17:52:51 -0700, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 12 May 2013 08:36:37 +0900
> > Charles Lipton <crlipton at gol.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am completely dissatisfied with Fancy and consider it a work in
> > > progress that needs to be taken back behind the wall for more work
> > > before it gets inflicted on the public again.
> >

> > I'm the public. I use Fancy and I like it.
>
> Same here

When 3.9.1 came out, I've probably been the first to complain about
gtkhtml2 not being there any more. I did that because I was used to it, and
because long ago, Fancy had caused some crashes when viewing some HTML,
when gtkhtml2 was Ok.
But that was years ago... Of course, when something's not working and
you've some replacement, why would I have made tests with each new
version ? I didn't, and was "forced" to Fancy with 3.9.1... which refused
to compile on my machine ;)

But, you can still compile gtkhtml2 with 3.9.1, that works too !!! And
that's what I did first to make sure I had a working Claws 3.9.1 with me !

Anyway, I wanted to be using something supported by the core dev team, and
I did the required steps to understand the problem. And I'm now using Fancy
with great pleasure... but I use Claws because it's mainly a
_TEXT_-oriented mail client...

So, my main comment/suggestion is that one: Dev team, it'd be great to have,
at the end of the configure script, a list of the missing dependancies per
plugin, to have a better understanding of the problem, instead of having to
dig the 1000+ lines of text produced by configure.

And yes, please keep up the good work, Claws really rocks !

Paul

--
TelcoTV Awards 2011 - Witbe winner in "Innovation in Test & Measurement"

Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77
Les Collines de l'Arche                     Fax. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 99
F-92057 Paris La Defense                    RIPE : PR12-RIPE

LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulrolland
Skype    : rollandpaul

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation