[Users] Is this a wrong setting, bug, or enhancement request?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu May 9 20:31:36 CEST 2013

On Thu, 9 May 2013 18:52:15 +0100 Paul wrote:

>On Thu, 9 May 2013 12:03:35 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> The actual message is simply html wrapped.  The headers to body
>> transition has no MIME info:
>> -------
>>

>> <!DOCTYPE HTML>
>> <head>
>> --------
>>
>> So shouldn't the message display as plain text without me having to
>> select it by clicking on "message/rfc822" type button?
>

>Thanks for sending off-list. this message does actually have the line
>So Claws is behaving correctly, it is an HTML mail.

Thanks, missed that Content-Type line at first glance...  Been chatting
with email provider support trying to get them to either provide TEXT|HTML
option, or use multipart...

I unset "Render HTML-only messages with plugin if possible" and it
displays as text; though execute's %F passes sender's html now instead of
text through no fault of its own...  :(

Given that more and more senders are using HTML, a useful enhancement
might be to provide the text-only output as an option to "execute" in
filtering/processing.  That work is already done for display, just a
matter of re-using the code and dumping to, say %T instead of the
display...  :)  Thoughts?

>with regards
>
>Paul

Cheers,