[Users] Claws Mail 3.9.1 unleashed!!

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Thu May 9 01:43:36 CEST 2013

On Mi, 08.05.2013 13:43, Leon Fisk wrote:

>>>Thanks for the 3.9.1, which I'm using now to send this email but I
>>>had some problem compiling
>>>
>>>xUbuntu 12.04
>>>
>>>I had to disable:
>>>
>>>* python plugin
>>>* perl plugin
>>>
>>>because of missing dependencies.
>>
>>What exactly were your problems? If dependencies for plugins are
>>missing, the plugins are just not built. You shouldn't have to disable
>>something manually to get a compile of the rest.
><snip>
>
>I had a similar, if not same problem with compiling the perl plugin.
>Running configure didn't catch that I was missing "libperl-dev". It was
>building fine till it hit the perl plugin and threw an error:

That's very good to know, thanks for reporting.

Previously, the dependencies were mandatory for the plugin tarballs, so
while it's more clean to capture problems at configure stage rather
than compile or link time, it didn't really make a big difference in
the end.

Now, with the plugins moved to the core tarball, the plugin
dependencies are surely not mandatory for the main tarball, and running
into compiler or linker failures for the whole release is really
annoying. I'll see if I can harden configure (unless somebody beats me
to it).

Holger