[Users] Smartphones

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Fri Mar 22 22:47:05 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:37:37 +0100
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:16:20 +0100
> Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:
>
> > I didn't find a good solution yet, using POP3. With IMAP, one just
> > has to leave a full-featured client like Claws+bogo running to do
> > the filtering... but then switching folders is annoying.
>
> Having filtering and sorting mails to folders done directly on IMAP
> server helps a lot as well. :)

I have to agree, a relatively simple IMAP+SpamAssassin setup works
pretty well (in the end using a Smartphone to access email is the norm
and not the exception these days). Its Bayesian classifier can also be
trained for better results, you automate this task by creating
cronjobs that scan your dedicated junk folder to improve results. It's
so good that I stopped using Bogofilter, which has the advantage of not
downloading all mail bodies which helps a lot in my specific use case.

--
Michael Gmelin