[Users] Bogofilter doesn't seem to be working

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 21 00:02:44 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:17:45 -0700
Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
> > <The bogofilter couldn't filter a message. The command 'bogofilter
> > -T -b' couldn't be run>
>
> Can you open up a terminal and run "bogofilter -T -b"? Last time
> something like this tripped me up, it was because I hadn't installed
> bogofilter yet (doh!).
>
> Dan

Doh! is right.

Bogofilter was not installed. I mistakenly assumed (oops) that when I
installed the bogofilter plug-in that also brought along bogofilter.
Should have known better.

So I installed bogofilter with the SuSE package manager (YaST).

However, in a command line <bogofilter -T -b> doesn't do anything. The
terminal just sits there and ..... nothing. So I'm guessing this means
bogofilter cannot be launched from a command line.

Now that bogofilter is on the computer I'm hoping the bogofilter
plug-in will now activate and start scanning my e-mails.

How do I tell if that is happening? Will I see any sort of on-screen
prompt that bogofilter is active?

Thx
Gil